samedi 14 avril 2012

Apologies to Justin Bieber

In a very tired moment, I compared the metrics of an extract from "Baby"* unfavourably to those of an extract of Fred Astaire. A little later I realised that the extract was of course from the refrain. And much later, i e today, I came across the Guiness Book of Records news about celebrities, including Justin. I looked up the lyrics as a whole.

First verse is admirable. Not least from the metrical point of view.

And a little later there are these lines, which are not bad at all today:

She had me going crazy, oh I was starstruck,
She woke me up daily, don't need no Starbucks ...


I mean Starbucks is kind of abusing its position, right now, so glad for those who do not need it (even I try to get my coffee elsewhere)** ... not to speak of the fact that he says clearly enough his first love was at thirteen. Mine was at fourteen. Now, that is a good thing to know when marriage is in many states of US and the world postponed up to 18. I mean, he could have afforded marrying at fourteen considering how well he sings./HGL

PS: There are untalented people in the world too. I mean I offered a guy the link to the 219 condemnations*** by bishop Stephen Tempier, most condemned sentences were from Averroës. And he passes me today and congratulates me on doing right to use Averroës as a kind of step ... duh! Not. I totally adhere to the condemnations by Bishop Tempier. And detest Averroës as much as Spinoza.

*Lyricsty:
Justin Bieber — Baby lyrics
www.lyricsty.com/justin-bieber-baby-lyrics.html


**Speaking of Starbucks
triv7quadriv.blogspot.fr/2012/03/speaking-of-starbucks.html


***En lengua romance en Antimodernism y de mis caminaciones
Index in stephani tempier condempnationes
enfrancaissurantimodernism.blogspot.fr/2012/01/index-in-stephani-tempier.html

1 commentaire:

  1. As much as I detest Spinoza, that is. Spinoza did not detest Averroës, as far as I know.

    RépondreSupprimer