mardi 27 décembre 2011

My Reasons for not going to Church

People have maybe presumed heresy to be the reason according to this:

"Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes...keep aloof from such persons" (St. Ignatius: Letter to the Smyrnaeans; Ch. 6:2-7:1).


However, I fully do confess with mouth and believe in heart that Jesus Christ is true God and true Man, that His true Flesh and true Blood are really present in the Eucharist. My reason for abstaining since after the Pilgrimage of Pentecost 2010 are those given by St Paul for not receiving the gift of God hastily and unworthily.

And if I have not considered myself worthy or been ready to make myself worthy by a true Contrite Confession since Monday of Pentecost 2010 - my last Confession and Communion so far - the sins are not alcohol, sodomy, plagiarism, but hatred of people calumniating me on such matters or about me having or not the right use of my reason. People praying to one side that I cannot get a wife the worse way, by sinning with her first and acting socially on the other side that I cannot get a wife the good way either - so far - by dissuading every girl I fall in love with or who falls in love with me in the parish from me. Yes, on the one hand young ladies have been dissuaded on the ground that I am no breadwinner - true so far, but not by my fault, it is not my lack of writing skills, but other peoples' lack of reading and printing and selling skills, or rather lack of will to use them for my benefit - and on the other hand they have dissuaded young people of either sex to make business even in small ways with my writings and compositions on the internet.

It is difficult to make one's peace with God, when one has no clear peace with the priest by whom the peace with God would normally pass.

Especially since Abbé Beauvais on St Andrew's Day, by saying that Therapy of the ill in and by itself justifies violence against those unwilling to take offered cures, insulted my mother and my sister, victims of psychiatry and of child welfare back in my country. Even apart from whether he did or did not still consider me as a case for such pseudo-legitimate violence. I repeat what I have said in French: St Pius X in his Catechism enumerates the cases when killing is legitimate: just war, just death penalty, legitimate self defense. Imposing a therapy on people innocent of crimes but ill and unwilling to take a cure, is not among the three. Even where illness is really the case. But of course even more so if, as is to be feared today, illness is presumed by some to "excuse" awkward behaviours that could have been, sometimes, avoided by not presuming them to be due to illness, and then presumed again to "justify" the use of force against awkward behaviours neither immoral nor illegal in themselves.

A simple case in point: if I lie in stairs, that is certainly because I do not consider the night shelters of the homeless as confortable places to sleep in. But if people presume that is due to some illness in me, they are less prone to invite me into apartments or houses (they have been less prone last year than 2005, for instance) and also less prone to let me sleep in even a staircase over night if told in advance. So, my sleeping in staircases could definitely have been avoided by not presuming this behaviour to be due to an illness. And similarily, my preferring poverty to employment could easily have become what it is in my intention, a preference for my self-employment as writer and composer, unless some had calumniated me on same account.

Now, if we had some honesty going on somewhere in such quarters, I presume I would pretty soon be seing a comment on this message. At least some explanation of position like the ones I could easily answer if they were posed. But some Pharisaic spirits take ease of answer for further proof of illness of mind. Not unlike some Moslems.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
Château d'Eau/Paris
27th Dec, St John's Day
Year of Our Lord MMXI

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire